We’re so please to kick off our day with author Brynn Stein on the tour for her latest release, Waiting for Patrick. Enjoy Brynn’s guest post, and be sure to check out the details for the giveaway.
Welcome to my blog tour for Waiting for Patrick. I’m offering giveaways of one signed copy, one electronic copy, and a choice of one title from my backlist. Comment below and at any of my other blog stops (posted below) to be entered to win. One comment, one entry. Dreamspinner is offering my other paranormal titles (Haunted, Lifeline, and What No One Else Can Hear ) for $0.99 during “Weekend Reads” on September 2, 3, and 4, in honor of Waiting for Patrick being my ninth published book. Waiting for Patrick will be available at a discounted price throughout the tour (September 1 through 15). Winners of the raffle will be announced on September 16th.
One of the suggestions I often see for blog tour posts is to make a playlist to go with the book. Here’s mine for Waiting for Patrick.
Here’s the list and why I chose those songs:
- My book trailer, because, you know, it’s my book trailer. Made by the lovely and talented Lex Valentine. She explains how she makes them on Jacob’s blog http://www.jacobzflores.com/
- “Is There a Ghost?” by Band of Horses. This is a song off of their 2007 release, Cease to Begin. The lyrics “I could sleep / when I lived alone / is there a ghost in my house?” seems appropriate for the playlist for Waiting for Patrick. Early in the book, there are signs that there might be a ghost, but Elliot doesn’t believe in such things.
- “Ghost” by Sir Sly is off of their 2014 debut album, You Haunt Me. Lyrics like “was I too drunk to say what I said to you / was I too blind to go and see straight through you” seem to go well with the POV of Daniel, a supposed one night stand of Elliot’s early in the book. And things like “so every now and then it feels so soothing / when you float on a bit and move right through me” fits with Elliot’s POV later in the story, once he realizes he has a ghost.
- “What’s It Feel Like To Be a Ghost: by Talking Back Sunday seem to fit the story in general, but especially as Elliot gets to know Ben.
- “If You Could Read My Mind” by Gordon Lightfoot goes well with the part of the book where Ben is sharing his memories with Elliot.
- “Sleeping with Ghosts” by Placebo since Elliot and Ben end up having a physical, as well as emotional, relationship (Yes, the book explains how that’s possible).
- And finally, “Mirrors” by Justin Timberlake, since the book is also largely about soulmates and how they complete each other.
Let me know what you think of the playlist. Comment below for a chance to win.
About the Book
Architect Elliot Graham has bought and restored dozens of historic homes to their original splendor. As in his personal life, he loves them and leaves them, selling them off without looking back. But there’s something about the old plantation house he finds in South Carolina—a connection he can’t explain. He feels as though he recognizes the house, as if within its crumbling walls he might find something he doesn’t even realize he’s lost.
Ben Myers had promised his lover and soul mate, Patrick, that he would wait for his return. Ben has kept his word ever since Patrick left him to wait at the plantation house—during the Civil War. For the first time in many long years, Ben is no longer alone, and he reaches out to Elliot in dreams. Elliot tries to convince Ben that Patrick isn’t coming back, but Ben’s devotion is about to change not only his lonely existence, but Elliot’s life as well.
Buy Link: Dreamspinner Press
About the Author
Brynn has always loved to write about strong male characters and their close friendships. When she found the world of m/m fiction, she fell in love. Finally, a way to bring those strong male characters together and let those emotional connections spill over into deeper relationships. Sometimes her characters go through the emotional wringer, but they always have each other.
Brynn lives in Virginia near her two grown daughters who support her writing and sometimes act as proof readers. Both of her daughters are also aspiring writers and hopefully it’ll just be a matter of time before they have their own author’s biography.
Brynn was a teacher by profession for thirty years. She worked in special education with children with emotional disabilities. She has recently changed careers and is now working as a mental health counselor to this same population and their families. When she is not working or writing, she loves to draw and paint. She also gets outside as often as she can, reads anything that doesn’t move out of the way, and is always looking for her next story.
Contact Brynn: Twitter || Website || Facebook
Follow the Tour
September 1st Bike Book Reviews
September 2nd Drops of Ink
September 2nd Snow’s Untangled Threads and Musings
September 3rd Antonia Aquilante
September 3rd The Story Struggle and Beyond
September 4th Thianna Durston
September 4th Unconventional Love Stories
September 4th Misadventures of the Heart
September 5th Sandra Bard
September 5th Tempest O’Riley
September 6th Jackie Keswick
September 7th Chaos in the Moonlight
September 8th Grace R. Duncan
September 8th Brita Addams
September 8th Cryselle’s Bookshelf
September 9th Emotion in Motion
September 9th MM Good Books Review
September 10th Jacob Z Flores
September 11th Andrew Grey’s Blog
September 12th Nicki J Marcus
September 12th Rainbow Gold Reviews
September 13th PD Singer
September 14th Our Story LGBTQ Historical Fiction
September 15th Renee Stevens
September 15th Purple Rose Tea House
September 15th Open Skye Book Reviews
September 15th The Novel Approach Reviews
Throughout the tour Book Trailer on You Tube Lex Valentine
11 thoughts on “Waiting for Patrick: A Guest Post and Giveaway with Author Brynn Stein”
It was an interesting experience trying to pick a playlist. Thanks for the comment Lee.
You must have done a lot of research. Good luck with Waiting for Patrick.
I do like to research. Thanks for the comment L.
Thanks so much for hosting me Lisa.
It’s my pleasure! :)
Interesting playlist, it certainly feels very emotional!
Congrats on the release & thanks for sharing your playlist.
Thank you for sharing your playlist. I love listening to new music.
humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com
What a great tour. I had a ball. Thanks again to all the blog owners who hosted me. It took me longer than I thought it would to check everything one more time and draw winners, but at last, here are the winning names.
Signed copy of Waiting for Patrick = Jen CW
Electronic copy of Waiting for Patrick = Jag
Choice of backlist title = HB
I’ll be contacting the winners via email shortly. If you are one of the abovementioned people but have not heard from me by tomorrow morning, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for delivery of your prize.
Thanks again everyone for commenting!