Please help us welcome author Elyse Springer to TNA today on the Heels Over Head blog tour. She’s here to share a few random facts about diving with us, and there’s also a giveaway, so be sure to check out the details for that below.
Hello, and welcome to the blog tour for Heels Over Head, my new sports romance where Olympic diving hopefuls battle it out on the platform… while discovering friendship, family, and love along the way. I hope you enjoy reading Jeremy and Brandon’s romance as much as I enjoyed writing it!
I’ll be stopping on several blogs throughout the week, so I hope you’ll follow along and join in the discussion. Plus, don’t forget to leave a comment at the end of the post… you’ll be entered to win an Amazon gift card!
Five Random Facts about Diving
Diving is a pretty complex sport, but it’s also one of the strangest in some ways. Here are the five random things about diving that I learned while researching for Heels Over Head.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide had it right: don’t leave home without your towel! Divers carry little microfiber towels called Shammys (short for Chamois), which they use to dry themselves off between rounds (wet skin = slippery, so you have to be dry before diving to get a good grip on your legs).
- During the Olympics, the information bars on the screen (with diver’s name and scores) often covered the lower half of the male divers, making them look completely naked on screen! WHOOPS!
- Chaffing is Serious Business… divers have creams and sprays so their thighs and butts don’t get the equivalent of diaper rash. Kinda gross? But it could be worse… gymnasts have butt glue to hold their leotards on.
- Red Bull sponsors several cliff diving competitions, where people throw themselves off 27 meter platforms (aka more than 88 feet). For fun. (In Heels Over Head, Brandon used to cliff dive for fun, before being recruited to platform diving.)
- Speedos are made to hold everything in place… under normal circumstances. But those tiny scraps of fabric don’t always do their job, as Tom Daley shares!
Just a few hilarious things to keep in mind while reading Heels Over Head. Between all of the Serious Athleticism, the pikes and twists and ripped entries, is a sport that’s kind of ridiculous!
About the Book
Jeremy Reeve is one of the best divers in the world, and he’s worked hard to get where he is. He intends to keep pushing himself with one very clear goal in mind: winning gold at the summer Olympics in two years. That medal might be the only way to earn his father’s respect as an athlete.
Brandon Evans is everything Jeremy isn’t: carefree, outgoing, and openly gay. With his bright-blue eyes and dramatic tattoos, he’s a temptation that Jeremy refuses to acknowledge. But Jeremy can’t ignore how talented Brandon is—or that Brandon has no interest in using his diving skills to compete.
They’re opposites who are forced to work together as teammates, but Jeremy’s fear of his own sexuality and Brandon’s disinterest in anything “not fun” may end their partnership before it begins. Until a single moment changes everything, and they help each other discover that “team” can also mean family and love.
[zilla_button url=”http://www.riptidepublishing.com/titles/heels-over-head” style=”blue” size=”large” type=”round” target=”_blank”] Available Now From Riptide Publishing [/zilla_button]
About the Author
Elyse is an author and world-traveler, whose unique life experiences have helped to shape the stories that she wants to tell. She writes romances with LGBTQ+ characters and relationships, and believes that every person deserves a Happily Ever After. When she’s not staring futilely at her computer screen, El spends her time adding stamps to her passport, catching up on her terrifying TBR list, and learning to be a better adult.
To celebrate the release of Heels Over Head, one lucky winner will receive a $10 Amazon gift card! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on June 3, 2017. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!