Hi, fellow bookworms, welcome to the Imperial Stout blog tour with author Layla Reyne! We’re so pleased to have Layla joining us today to celebrate the book’s release—she’s offering up a few secrets about Nic and Cam—and there’s also a giveaway, so be sure to check out those details as well.
Ready for the next chapter of the Whiskey Verse? First introduced in Agents Irish and Whiskey, Assistant Special Agent in Charge Cameron Byrne and Assistant US Attorney Dominic Price are getting their own trilogy, Trouble Brewing, starting with IMPERIAL STOUT, an action-packed heist thriller. While you briefly met Nic and Cam in AIW, here are five facts about each to jog your memory and get you excited for the new series.
5 Facts about Nic
- Before joining the US Attorneys’ Office, Nic spent twenty years in the military, first as a Navy SEAL, then as an attorney for the Navy JAG Corps, rising to the rank of Captain.
- While a SEAL, Nic and his teammate, Eddie, dreamed about opening a brewery once they retired from service. Eddie has since transferred out of the Navy into the local Coast Guard unit, and five years ago, they opened Gravity Craft Brewery.
- As a federal prosecutor, Nic has a rep for handling case assets—witnesses and informants—particularly well. In his work, he also emphasizes victims’ rights cases.
- Nic’s food of choice is Italian, owing to the care of his nanny and housekeeper growing up. Cioppino, a local fish stew specialty, is his favorite dish.
- Nic is a San Francisco Bay Area native, and while his football and baseball allegiances are with SF, his basketball team of choice is a head scratcher. Read to find out!
5 Facts about Cam
- FBI agent Cam didn’t always play by the rules. As a teen, he followed his older brother into a chop shop, picking up a talent for hotwiring cars and picking locks.
- A South Boston native, he’s one of five kids, his family is in the fishing business, and his mother is an avid romance reader.
- Cam played basketball for Boston College (before Jamie injured him), and he is a hardcore Boston sports fan – BC, Celtics, BoSox and Patriots. It is a lively source of disagreement between him and Nic. So lively it led to their first kiss.
- Cam’s sports allegiances also led to his cat’s name, Bird, a giant orange fur ball with green eyes and a green Celtics collar. Nic is determined to rename him Joe.
- He’d live on a diet of Dunkin Donuts, if he could, though he’s pretty great at making hash in the skillet too. Nic’s great with the skillet too, albeit in a different way ;)
About the Book
Title: Imperial Stout
Series: Trouble Brewing: Book One
Publisher: Carina Press
Release Date (Print & Ebook): Ebook/Audio – July 23, 2018; Print – July 31, 2019
Length (Print & Ebook): 272 pages
Subgenre: M/M Romantic Suspense
Buy Links: Amazon || Universal Buy Link || Carina
Blurb: Layla Reyne spins off from her pulse-pounding Agents Irish and Whiskey books with Imperial Stout, the first installment in the Trouble Brewing series
It’s a good thing assistant US attorney Dominic Price co-owns a brewery. He could use a cold one. Nic’s star witness has just been kidnapped, his joint operation with the FBI is in jeopardy, his father’s shady past is catching up with him and the hot new special agent in San Francisco is the kind of distraction best handled with a stiff drink.
Kidnap and rescue expert Cameron Byrne has his own ideas about how to handle Nic, but his skills are currently needed elsewhere. The by-the-book FBI agent goes deep undercover as a member of an infamous heist crew in order to save Nic’s witness, break up the crew and close the case before anyone else gets hurt. Nic in particular.
Things heat up when Cam falls for Nic, and the witness falls for Cam. As the crew’s suspicions grow, Cam must decide how far he’s willing to go—and how far into his own dark past he’s willing to dive—to get everyone out alive.
About the Author
Author Layla Reyne was raised in North Carolina and now calls San Francisco home. She enjoys weaving her bi-coastal experiences into her stories, along with adrenaline-fueled suspense and heart pounding romance. When she’s not writing stories to excite her readers, she downloads too many books, watches too much television, and cooks too much food with her scientist husband, much to the delight of their smushed-face, leftover-loving dogs. Layla is a member of Romance Writers of America and its Kiss of Death and Rainbow Romance Writers chapters. She was a 2016 RWA® Golden Heart® Finalist in Romantic Suspense.
Connect with Layla Reyne: Twitter | Instagram | FB Page | FB Group | Newsletter | Goodreads | Pinterest | Amazon | BookBub
a Rafflecopter giveaway
**Winners in the USA will receive paperback copies of the prizes; winners from outside the contiguous USA, will receive Amazon gift card of equivalent value.