Welcome to the GayRomLit 2017 Blog Tour! We’re so pleased to have Featured Author Rick R. Reed joining us today as our guest in the countdown to the big event. Whether you’re attending or not, I hope you’ll enjoy getting to know Rick and his work a bit better!
Want to Read Something by Me before GRL? Here’s a Few Suggestions…
Whether this is your first GRL or your fourth or fifth, you know one thing—you’re going to meet a lot of authors. A lot. Like, hundreds. And I’ll be one of them. And I will, honestly, be so happy to meet or to reconnect with you.
There’s one thing, though, that I always get a kick out of doing, not as an author, but as a reader. For every GRL, I try to read some of the work of authors I haven’t had a chance to explore. But it can be tough, especially when an author, like me, has a big…backlist.
So if you want to read something by me before you get to GRL (you know, as a conversation starter), here’s a little guide to a few of the books I think best represent my work.
- The Perils of Intimacy. This is a contemporary romance with a twist—our two lovers have met before. BUT—one has drastically changed, both inside and out, and the other doesn’t recognize him. There are lots of dark secrets…and can the blossoming new love survive them? Buy from Dreamspinner Press or Amazon
- Lost and Found. If you like sweet love stories that also involve dogs (namely, an adorable beagle named Barley—or Hamburger—you need to read to find out why he has two names), this one’s for you. Buy from Dreamspinner Press or Amazon
- The Couple Next Door. I’m also known as a horror writer, and while The Couple Next Door is not horror, it’s one twisted romantic suspense ride. This is a love story with some shocking surprises. Buy from Dreamspinner Press or Amazon
- Bashed. Is it a love story? A ghost story? A page ripped from today’s unfortunate headlines? It’s really all of the above—and one of my most poignant and pertinent stories about the real dangers gay men face today. Buy from Dreamspinner Press or Amazon
- Third Eye. This one, about a reluctant psychic knowing two much about the murders of teenage girls in his small Ohio River town, is an example of my horror. But, as with all of my scary stuff, there’s also a budding romance. Buy from DSP Publications or Amazon
- Dinner at Home. My bestselling book of all time. It’s a “romance with recipes” and is a heartwarming tale of a personal chef and the down-on-his-luck troubled young man whose life he transforms with food—and love. Buy from Dreamspinner Press or Amazon
- Big Love. My second most popular book, this one is set in a small town high school and involves a bullied teenager and the two teachers who band together to help him find the courage to be out, loud, and proud self. In the process, the two teachers fall in love. Buy from Dreamspinner Press or Amazon
- Unhinged. Want to get a good taste of my horror stuff? This collection of several LGBT short stories with dark themes is like a nightmare sampler platter. Buy from JMS Books or Amazon
- Fugue. My only BDSM tale, this short is one sexy, twisted ride (both literal and figurative). Definitely NSFW! Buy from JMS Books or Amazon
- Legally Wed. Inspired by my own marriage, this is one romance that proves that “love is love.” Buy from Dreamspinner Press or Amazon
About the Author
Real Men. True Love.
Rick R. Reed draws inspiration from the lives of gay men to craft stories that quicken the heartbeat, engage emotions, and keep the pages turning. Although he dabbles in horror, dark suspense, and comedy, his attention always returns to the power of love. He’s the award-winning and bestselling author of more than fifty works of published fiction and is forever at work on yet another book. Lambda Literary has called him: “A writer that doesn’t disappoint…” You can find him at his Website or Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, BookBub, or Email at email@example.com. Rick lives in Palm Springs, CA with his beloved husband and their Boston terrier.
About GayRomLit Retreat
GayRomLit is an annual retreat that brings together the people who create and celebrate LGBT romance for a one-of-a-kind, must-attend gathering of dynamic, informal, and diverse fun.
Each year, the retreat rotates to a new city and hosts tons of events from raucous parties to mellow tête á têtes while still maintaining a spirit of familiarity. GRL is the place to connect with old friends, find family you didn’t know you had, and meet with both newly published and established authors in the gay romance genre.
This year’s retreat will be held in Denver, Colorado on October 19-22, 2017 at the Denver Marriott Tech Center.
For more information or to register, please visit Our Website.